Well, my name is David. I'm a thirties something and I love to travel.... but lets start back at the beginning. Born and raised in Halifax County, North Carolina, I'm an eastern North Carolina Boy at heart. However at the age of 23 I left the east side for brighter dreams on the western side of the state at Appalachian State University in beautiful Boone, North Carolina. While completing my degree I was able to Student Teach and Substitute at Avery County High School in Newland, NC. I taught World History and Geography alongside my lead teachers, the awesome, Coach Puckett and Mrs. Griffith. I graduated in 2007 with my B.S. History, Secondary Education degree.
After graduating APP State, I decided to stay in the area because I just couldn't leave the NC Mountains. I felt the call to go into full time ministry at my local church in Boone as Worship and Campus Pastor. During my time there, I labored along side of other hard working dedicated people to help students both in high school and in college grow in their faith, leadership, and education. Each week I worked with amazing students and was blessed to see them graduate and become amazing citizens and productive people in their communities.
After 5 years in Full-time Student and Music Ministry in Boone, in 2012 I moved back to Eastern NC to work with the amazing students at Bertie STEM High school. It was a great first year back in the classroom and I am grateful for my time with the students and staff there. This year will mark my second year in Wake County. My first year and a half was at the NEW Rolesville High School in Rolesville, NC as Teacher, Adviser for GSA, SGA, and the Key Club, as well as History Department Chair. Currently, I am teaching at Heritage High School in the Husky Academy (#Husky19) and I am beyond excited to continue building a relationship with the Heritage community and working with students in and out of the classroom in the 2015-2016 school year. GO Huskies!!! Lastly, this fall I'm starting the Masters in Curriculum & Instruction from North Carolina State University and can't wait to see what this adventure holds!
Mr. B's Top Ten:
- I'm incredibly goofy and love making people laugh.
- I am a singer and I play piano... Some call me a "Soul Man".
- I've been to 7 countries in the world in the past and I plan on increasing that list as soon as possible.
- I blog about my travels... Blog
- The UK and Ireland are my favorite two places in the world.
- I look forward to jumping out of a plane some day.
- Coffee is the fuel of my life.
- I am forever finding myself with an internal debate over Apple / PC and which is better... for me, the jury is still out.
- I have two older sisters, one niece, and one nephew.
- I sometimes draw house floor plans/blueprints for fun and am slightly addicted to HGTV.
Some videos I've captured from trips overseas.
Live Street Band in Dublin, Ireland. 2011
A High School Choir in St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin